- For sheer originality, you can’t do better than decoupaging your party shoes (hint: don’t wear these out in the snow).
- You can further accessorize your holiday outfit with some striking paper beads.
- Give a gift decorated with a simple bow…
- ….or dress it up even more with a really cool bow.
- Make some simple ornaments.
- Make somewhat more complicated ornaments.
- Make flowers (calls for crepe paper but I think you could wing it).
- Make envelopes (very nice for giving gift cards or cash).
- And of course, you can’t have a list like this without some Christmas origami.
Sarah BarbourKnitting and crochet designer/teacher and stay-at-home mother to three lovely little girls. Recently relocated to Oregon from the Illinois and enjoying my new life as a West Coaster.
Stitching in the Stacks
Categoriesclasses Contests & Giveaways Creativity Crochet Errata & Addendums Events Family Free Patterns Fundraising Giveaways Interesting Things Interviews Knitting Libraries Library book Metaphysics of Fiber Not Knitting On vacation patterns Projects and Tutorials Published designs Random Recipes Reviews River Tweed Sales & Specials Saturday Morning Lazy Links testers The Sheep Uncategorized Unsolicited Advice Updates Welcome Yarn
Blogs I LikeDull Roar
Alex Tinsley scares me a little but I secretly want to be like her.
I Have Cancer; What's Your Excuse?
Holter Graham acts, runs marathons, and—oh, right—has cancer.
Jumping in Puddles
Illustration by Alison Kolesar, who happens to be my cousin (not that I'm biased or anything).
You won't be sorry.
Steam Me Up, Kid
More than you ever wanted to know about my sense of humor
The Sexy Knitter
Need I say more?